Ok, so it's been a while, but I've finally posted a new recipe!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Grannie Smith Apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Red Delicious Apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 c Caramel baking pieces (look for the small caramel baking bits that you melt to make caramel apples)
- 3/4 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t cloves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg. Add half of the dry ingredients.
- Blend in milk and remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir in apples and caramels
- Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake 13-15 minutes, or until cookies are no longer shiny